1

For example, I can run the Wizard query in Overpass Turbo: "highway=motorway AND oneway=yes in Chugoku" which gives me all the dual-carriage ways in the Chugoku region of Japan. Is there a way that I can calculate the total length of all these paths?

I tried exporting to a KML and running some script but then I realized that the KML file was a folder that contained thousands of individual paths.

I imagine there has to be a better way of doing this.

asked 03 May '15, 22:23

trubetskoy's gravatar image

trubetskoy
26●1●1●2
accept rate: 0%

try to type "length" in the search box of this FAQ site ... there are already some topics how to determine lengts of determined OSM way elements.

(04 May '15, 16:43) stephan75

2 Answers:
2

Export to a format QGIS can handle. Then use a function of that program to calculate. Here's a tutorial

permanent link

answered 06 May '15, 20:27

joost%20schouppe's gravatar image

joost schouppe
3.3k●21●46●84
accept rate: 12%

edited 28 Feb, 02:24

aharvey's gravatar image

aharvey
508●2●8●13

2
permanent link

answered 18 Nov '19, 11:28

jidanni's gravatar image

jidanni
295●20●30●42
accept rate: 0%

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×144
×139
×14

question asked: 03 May '15, 22:23

question was seen: 5,089 times

last updated: 28 Feb, 02:24

powered by OSQA